Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Pairings Everybody Loves but You Dislike... Or atleast indifferent to?
"ExoSquad"- An old 90's Classic Cartoon I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 1:34 am by Pink Ice

» Flawid's Banners (Taking Reqeusts)
"ExoSquad"- An old 90's Classic Cartoon I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 1:26 am by Pink Ice

» Favorite Red Ranger
"ExoSquad"- An old 90's Classic Cartoon I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 1:18 am by Pink Ice

» What Are Your Favorite Kinds of Pizza?
"ExoSquad"- An old 90's Classic Cartoon I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 1:16 am by Pink Ice

» Who's your fav. Pink ranger
"ExoSquad"- An old 90's Classic Cartoon I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 1:13 am by Pink Ice

» Favorite Yellow Ranger
"ExoSquad"- An old 90's Classic Cartoon I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 1:05 am by Pink Ice

» RPM Universe
"ExoSquad"- An old 90's Classic Cartoon I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 7:02 pm by lily chilman 4

» Flawid's Banners dedicated to Hero Planet!
"ExoSquad"- An old 90's Classic Cartoon I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 6:55 pm by lily chilman 4

» What do you like on your hotdog?
"ExoSquad"- An old 90's Classic Cartoon I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 9:04 pm by Tiger Lily

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

"ExoSquad"- An old 90's Classic Cartoon

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DarkBlaze
Admin
DarkBlaze

Male
Number of posts : 1152
Registration date : 2008-03-08

"ExoSquad"- An old 90's Classic Cartoon Empty
PostSubject: "ExoSquad"- An old 90's Classic Cartoon   "ExoSquad"- An old 90's Classic Cartoon I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 9:14 pm

So, I had seen a thread about this show over at RangerBoard. Like many 90's classic cartoons, ExoSquad was yet, another one of them that I missed out on. With a little Wiki information, here's what the show plot is:

Quote :
The series is set in the years 2119–2121 AD,[3] several decades after humanity ("Terrans") has expanded its presence beyond Earth, terraforming and colonizing Venus and Mars. These three planets are "the Homeworlds", the core first of the Terran interplanetary state and later of Neosapien Commonwealth. Not all Terrans are affiliated with the Homeworlds, however: the Pirate Clans, descendants of Terran criminals exiled to the Outer Planets who live off looted Homeworlds' space freighters, are a major independent faction in the show. The first episode opens with the Earth Congress dispatching the entire Exofleet, humanity's space-based military, to counter the Pirate threat.

With war with the Pirate Clans looming, an uprising begins among the Neosapiens, an artificial humanoid race coexisting with Terrans. In the back-story, the Neosapiens were used primarily as slaves during the colonization of Mars and Venus and therefore have been engineered to be physically stronger and better adapted to hostile environments than humans. Their mistreatment by Terrans led to the First Neosapien Revolt fifty years before the series's begin, which was mercilessly crushed but had brought some positive changes into their lives. Still not content with his fate, the Neosapien Governor of Mars, Phaeton, sets a new insurrection, codenamed "Operation [Neosapien] Destiny", in motion as soon as the Exofleet leaves to chase after the Pirate Clans. The absence of the Exofleet is also a part of Phaeton's plan as it enables the Neosapiens capture the Homeworlds without much effort.

The two seasons that the series was on the air follow the progress of the Neosapien War, as seen through the eyes of Able Squad, an elite E-frame unit, comprised of J.T. Marsh, Nara Burns, Maggie Weston, Kaz Takagi, Alec DeLeon, Rita Torres, Wolf Bronsky, and Marsala (see Cast). Their exploits unfold against the backdrop of the on-going war, as the squad participates in events often crucial to turning its tide. The show features a realistic outlook on war: many characters die in combat, military operations are carefully planned and reconnoitered in advance, and psychological effects of warfare are explored. For example, separate episodes detail Exofleet's reconnaissance of Venus prior to its recapture, the actual liberation, and the repulse of the first Neosapien reconquest attempt. Moreover, even after Venus is retaken by Terrans, several episodes deal with the remaining Venusian resistance and Neosapien forces who hid across Venus, refusing to surrender and awaiting reinforcements.

The second season draws to a close with the defeat of the Neosapiens and the liberation of Earth but it ends with a cliffhanger suggesting that a third season would describe a war against a new alien race, and that the Terrans and the Neosapiens would be forced to ally with each other. However, the series was canceled soon after the end of the second season so a third season was never made.

A site known as Hulu, has the first season on their site (13 episodes). I saw the first episode today ("Pirate Scourge" Part 1). The show definitely has a mature and serious approach. I plan on watching the rest of the season, and getting to know a little more about this show. Feel free to discuss. I really want to know what others opinions are.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=RangerWisdom
Rated-RKO

Rated-RKO

Male
Number of posts : 1050

PostSubject: Re: "ExoSquad"- An old 90's Classic Cartoon   "ExoSquad"- An old 90's Classic Cartoon I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 9:22 pm

Jesus Christ why hasn't Disney aired this on Jetix yet?...It's to awesome for words.
Back to top Go down
DarkBlaze
Admin
DarkBlaze

Male

PostSubject: Re: "ExoSquad"- An old 90's Classic Cartoon   "ExoSquad"- An old 90's Classic Cartoon I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 9:23 pm

You've seen it, Iz?
Back to top Go down
Rated-RKO

Rated-RKO

Male

PostSubject: Re: "ExoSquad"- An old 90's Classic Cartoon   "ExoSquad"- An old 90's Classic Cartoon I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 9:25 pm

I watched it from what you posted...I'm to lazy to open it up full screen lol. It's awesome the animation is just like the X-men.
Back to top Go down
DarkBlaze
Admin
DarkBlaze

Male

PostSubject: Re: "ExoSquad"- An old 90's Classic Cartoon   "ExoSquad"- An old 90's Classic Cartoon I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 9:27 pm

True. They really did a good job with the voice acting, compared to other Cartoon series.
Back to top Go down
Rated-RKO

Rated-RKO

Male

PostSubject: Re: "ExoSquad"- An old 90's Classic Cartoon   "ExoSquad"- An old 90's Classic Cartoon I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 9:30 pm

The plot is great why not air it again?
Back to top Go down
DarkBlaze
Admin
DarkBlaze

Male

PostSubject: Re: "ExoSquad"- An old 90's Classic Cartoon   "ExoSquad"- An old 90's Classic Cartoon I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 9:38 pm

Good question. I mean, it has everything that anyone could ever want in a cartoon series. And it has a pace to where not only kids can watch, but the older viewers can also.
Back to top Go down
Rated-RKO

Rated-RKO

Male

PostSubject: Re: "ExoSquad"- An old 90's Classic Cartoon   "ExoSquad"- An old 90's Classic Cartoon I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 9:59 pm

Well if they can build viewers with Pucca and Ying Yang Yo so can ExoSquad.
Back to top Go down
DarkBlaze
Admin
DarkBlaze

Male

PostSubject: Re: "ExoSquad"- An old 90's Classic Cartoon   "ExoSquad"- An old 90's Classic Cartoon I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 4:06 am

Hmmmm, I haven't seen too much of the series yet, but I think this show would make a great Big Screen hit!
Back to top Go down
Rated-RKO

Rated-RKO

Male

PostSubject: Re: "ExoSquad"- An old 90's Classic Cartoon   "ExoSquad"- An old 90's Classic Cartoon I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 6:19 am

I would totally watch it on the weekends on a late night.
Back to top Go down
DarkBlaze
Admin
DarkBlaze

Male

PostSubject: Re: "ExoSquad"- An old 90's Classic Cartoon   "ExoSquad"- An old 90's Classic Cartoon I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 6:30 am

Ha, I would watch it any day. I mean, words can't really describe the awesomeness of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "ExoSquad"- An old 90's Classic Cartoon   "ExoSquad"- An old 90's Classic Cartoon I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"ExoSquad"- An old 90's Classic Cartoon
Page 1 of 1