Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Pairings Everybody Loves but You Dislike... Or atleast indifferent to?
Offical Yu-Gi-Oh Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 1:34 am by Pink Ice

» Flawid's Banners (Taking Reqeusts)
Offical Yu-Gi-Oh Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 1:26 am by Pink Ice

» Favorite Red Ranger
Offical Yu-Gi-Oh Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 1:18 am by Pink Ice

» What Are Your Favorite Kinds of Pizza?
Offical Yu-Gi-Oh Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 1:16 am by Pink Ice

» Who's your fav. Pink ranger
Offical Yu-Gi-Oh Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 1:13 am by Pink Ice

» Favorite Yellow Ranger
Offical Yu-Gi-Oh Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 1:05 am by Pink Ice

» RPM Universe
Offical Yu-Gi-Oh Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 7:02 pm by lily chilman 4

» Flawid's Banners dedicated to Hero Planet!
Offical Yu-Gi-Oh Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 6:55 pm by lily chilman 4

» What do you like on your hotdog?
Offical Yu-Gi-Oh Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 9:04 pm by Tiger Lily

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Offical Yu-Gi-Oh Discussion Thread

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Rated-RKO

Rated-RKO

Male
Number of posts : 1050
Registration date : 2008-03-08

Offical Yu-Gi-Oh Discussion Thread Empty
PostSubject: Offical Yu-Gi-Oh Discussion Thread   Offical Yu-Gi-Oh Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 1:32 am

Discuss Yu-Gi-Oh, Yu-Gi-Oh Gx and the new Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Offical Yu-Gi-Oh Discussion Thread   Offical Yu-Gi-Oh Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 4:30 am

Considering how the current arc is going, anyone who thinks 5D's is a poor installment in the YGO franchise has no soul.
Back to top Go down
Rated-RKO

Rated-RKO

Male

PostSubject: Re: Offical Yu-Gi-Oh Discussion Thread   Offical Yu-Gi-Oh Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 3:08 am

Lol, I think it's boring but it might pick up some heat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Offical Yu-Gi-Oh Discussion Thread   Offical Yu-Gi-Oh Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 3:13 am

It's not so much boring as its taking more time to develop its concept and characters.
Back to top Go down
Rated-RKO

Rated-RKO

Male

PostSubject: Re: Offical Yu-Gi-Oh Discussion Thread   Offical Yu-Gi-Oh Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 3:18 am

Yeah, After making over 6 seasons of new Yu-Gi-Oh that would happen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Offical Yu-Gi-Oh Discussion Thread   Offical Yu-Gi-Oh Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 3:20 am

Having it take four episodes to fight Jack is far better than cramming the conflict with Kaiba into a single premiere. Honestly, I think 5D's's pace is just fine. It's slower than the past shows, but that's not a bad thing.
Back to top Go down
Rated-RKO

Rated-RKO

Male

PostSubject: Re: Offical Yu-Gi-Oh Discussion Thread   Offical Yu-Gi-Oh Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 3:22 am

Nope that's a good thing but what i noticed is that the show looks a little bit more mature than the other past Yu-Gi-Oh seasons.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Offical Yu-Gi-Oh Discussion Thread   Offical Yu-Gi-Oh Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 3:25 am

In look, yeah, but it still carries some of the same more child-like themes (mostly the integrity of the duelist and respecting cards, etc.) It's a damn good story all the same. I LOVE the current arc.

Right now, I'm wondering when the other Signers are going to be introduced. Not that I want them to rush, but I wanna get some development on that at one point.
Back to top Go down
Rated-RKO

Rated-RKO

Male

PostSubject: Re: Offical Yu-Gi-Oh Discussion Thread   Offical Yu-Gi-Oh Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 3:28 am

How do you feel about the whole D-Wheel Dueling thing?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Offical Yu-Gi-Oh Discussion Thread   Offical Yu-Gi-Oh Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 3:31 am

Oh, I love it! It's a nice way to spice up the duels and I like that they switch from D-Wheel to normal. The Speed World ruleset is also pretty cool, and I'd like a "Speed Format" introduced into the actual TCG, even though I don't really play anymore.

The D-Wheels themselves also look pretty damn cool.
Back to top Go down
Rated-RKO

Rated-RKO

Male

PostSubject: Re: Offical Yu-Gi-Oh Discussion Thread   Offical Yu-Gi-Oh Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 3:34 am

They are pretty kick ass, lol. You know what 5D's stands for right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Offical Yu-Gi-Oh Discussion Thread   Offical Yu-Gi-Oh Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 3:49 am

5 Dragons or 5 Duelists, right?
Back to top Go down
Rated-RKO

Rated-RKO

Male

PostSubject: Re: Offical Yu-Gi-Oh Discussion Thread   Offical Yu-Gi-Oh Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 3:53 am

5 Dragons but 4Kids is dubbing it 5 Duel Scoop.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Offical Yu-Gi-Oh Discussion Thread   Offical Yu-Gi-Oh Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 4:55 am

Edge wrote:
5 Dragons but 4Kids is dubbing it 5 Duel Scoop.

...No they're not. 5 Duel Scoop was a Japanese article with info on the series. It was meant to be a pun.
Back to top Go down
Rated-RKO

Rated-RKO

Male

PostSubject: Re: Offical Yu-Gi-Oh Discussion Thread   Offical Yu-Gi-Oh Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 4:58 am

Oh really? cause from what i read it said 4KidsTv was going to air Yu-Gi-Oh 5 Duel Scoop in Fall 2008.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Offical Yu-Gi-Oh Discussion Thread   Offical Yu-Gi-Oh Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 4:59 am

Give me a link.
Back to top Go down
Rated-RKO

Rated-RKO

Male

PostSubject: Re: Offical Yu-Gi-Oh Discussion Thread   Offical Yu-Gi-Oh Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 5:02 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Offical Yu-Gi-Oh Discussion Thread   Offical Yu-Gi-Oh Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 5:04 am

Edge wrote:
http://www.icv2.com/articles/home/12253.html

No where does it say 4Kids changed the name to that. I remember even before 4Kids licensed 5D's people called it Five Duel Scoop because they misinterpreted the article. It's not Five Duel Scoop.
Back to top Go down
Rated-RKO

Rated-RKO

Male

PostSubject: Re: Offical Yu-Gi-Oh Discussion Thread   Offical Yu-Gi-Oh Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 5:05 am

Okay great because that kinda sounds retarted for Yu-Gi-Oh lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Offical Yu-Gi-Oh Discussion Thread   Offical Yu-Gi-Oh Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 5:08 am

It doesn't make sense in any other context, either. Five Duel Scoop implied the "scoop" on the new series given by the magazine. 5D's, Five Duel Scoop. Grammatically, it wouldn't make sense since the s joins the apostrophe in implying more than one D.

So it's either Dragons or Duelists. Either one works, since there are both five Dragons and five Signers.
Back to top Go down
Rated-RKO

Rated-RKO

Male

PostSubject: Re: Offical Yu-Gi-Oh Discussion Thread   Offical Yu-Gi-Oh Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 7:54 pm

To be honest GX is starting to get boring.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Offical Yu-Gi-Oh Discussion Thread   Offical Yu-Gi-Oh Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 8:06 pm

You serious? This has probably been my favorite YGO storyline ever. How can you not love an evil Jaden?
Back to top Go down
Rated-RKO

Rated-RKO

Male

PostSubject: Re: Offical Yu-Gi-Oh Discussion Thread   Offical Yu-Gi-Oh Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 8:20 pm

The evil Jaden thing was great but after that it's just downhill.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Offical Yu-Gi-Oh Discussion Thread   Offical Yu-Gi-Oh Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 8:42 pm

It's only been...what, a few episodes? Besides, they're taking the time to establish other characters (Adrian, and it seems to be a bit of Zane too). Just because it's slowing down in terms of action doesn't mean its slowing down in terms of story.
Back to top Go down
Rated-RKO

Rated-RKO

Male

PostSubject: Re: Offical Yu-Gi-Oh Discussion Thread   Offical Yu-Gi-Oh Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 1:08 am

True.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Offical Yu-Gi-Oh Discussion Thread   Offical Yu-Gi-Oh Discussion Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Offical Yu-Gi-Oh Discussion Thread
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next